GRAPEVINE FAITH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL EXISTS TO DEVELOP AND GRADUATE AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN LEADERS
THE FAITH DIFFERENCE
Grapevine Faith serves an area with many excellent educational options for families, including many Christian schools, so it must have something unique to offer. At Faith, we look for leadership in each student, whether displayed in academics, athletics, or the arts. Natural strengths are identified and developed. Students are challenged to utilize gifts and influence others in a way that honors God. Every endeavor of the school is focused on assisting parents in the task of training their children for a lifetime of service to Christ. When Faith students graduate, they have been challenged with this calling, and have been offered opportunities to answer it. We prayerfully send students out, expecting to hear great things!
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, immutable Word of God (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21).
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His substitutionary atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9) His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of the human nature; and that people are justified on the single ground of faith and the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. Believing in and accepting Christ brings about a vital living personal relationship to every believer (Romans 10:9-13; John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8,9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12,13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13,14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).
- that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (I Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
- that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The Grapevine Faith Christian School Board of Trustees holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
HISTORY OF FAITH
The vision for Grapevine Faith Christian School arose in the hearts of a handful of Christian parents. Wanting to provide their children a private school offering the finest Christ-centered education, without sacrificing academics, athletics, and activities, these parents joined together to form Faith. Today, the dream of these founding families is lived out each day in Faith students.
From the beginning, Faith has been about family. The school’s desire to be intentional in upholding the truth of God’s word and seeking to partner with families in carrying out Biblical instruction is as strong today as in Faith’s early years. We want to document and preserve Faith’s heritage as our journey continues.
ACCREDITATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS)
- National Institute for Learning Development (NILD)
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Texas Association for College Admission Counseling (TACAC)
- North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP)
- Texas High School Coaches Association (THSCA)
- Texas Private School Music Educators Association
- Education Service Center (ESC) Region 11
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
- Independent School Management
- Dallas Private School Preview
- Christian Leadership Alliance (CLA)
- The College Board
- National Honor Society
- Texas Independent Schools Consortium
- Grapevine Chamber of Commerce
- Colleyville Area Chamber of Commerce